Media Relations Manager
Are you used to working in a busy press office or newsroom and do you know how to use compelling storytelling to increase visibility through the media? Would you like to use your skills and expertise for good?
We are looking for a Dutch-speaking Media Relations Manager, on a permanent contract.
The Media Relations Manager (NL) will develop and implement the media and press strategy for WWF in Belgium, nurturing WWF's external positioning as leader in nature conservation.
As Media Relations Manager you will collaborate within the Communications Department to generate media coverage of our work in conservation, fundraising and advocacy. We want you to help make our message the loudest and most reliable in the Belgian media, and to grab the attention of the public and decision makers to support our mission.
- You produce and pitch stories, create news, press releases, press invites, backgrounders, factsheets, video profiles etc, in line with the strategy of the Communications Department.
- You seek high-level placements in the Dutch-speaking press of the country.
- You act as a contact person for all media enquiries in Dutch and connect journalists to our experts, and occasionally act as a back-up spokesperson on behalf of WWF.
- You build relationships with journalists and connect them to our projects and stories and build media partnerships.
- You manage reputational risks, including potential crisis communications.
- You manage daily press & social medias monitoring and regular media analysis
- You co-manage the social channels of the organization, in line with the strategy of the Communications Department, and showcase WWF-media activities on our channels.
- Co-organize press events
- Translate and adapt texts from French and English to Dutch when needed
- You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Journalism or Communications
- Proven min. 3-5 years professional experience in media and/or public relations required. Experience in journalism is a strong advantage.
- You have a digital mindset and know how to use digital tools (eg. basic video editing skills)
- You have a genuine interest and initial knowledge of the Belgian political landscape
- You are a team player able to work effectively in a global network setting
- You have exceptional writing and editing skills in Dutch
- You have excellent skills in Dutch, good command of French and English
- You are consistently able to meet the demands of many ongoing deadlines
- You are flexible (e.g.: to give interviews on weekends or holidays, when necessary)
- A driver’s license is preferred
- A full-time, permanent contract
- An attractive salary package for the sector including meal vouchers, group insurance, health insurance, 100% reimbursement of the costs of public transport ...
- A flexible working environment: either from home with all the ad hoc IT equipment, or in our pleasant office in the heart of Brussels, easily accessible by public transport
- Our policies and benefits reflect the importance of people being able to have a good work-life balance and being able to bring their ‘full self’ to work
- The opportunity to contribute to the mission of WWF and to share our values that will be embedded in your work and behaviours
Use the link below to send us your application.
- Motivation letter in Dutch