WWF believes in a future where people and nature thrive, so we’re committed to safeguarding the natural world. WWF has teams of experts working in over 100 countries to protect the natural resources that sustain and inspire us: our forests, rivers, oceans, climate, food and wildlife. WWF harnesses the collective power of supporters around the world, communities, companies and governments to create real solutions for people and the planet.
WWF employs knowledgeable, talented people who are passionate about engaging and inspiring others. People who share our optimism that it’s possible to change the world. People who are determined to make a difference.
The Public Sector Partnerships manager will be responsible for developing and implementing a Public Sector Fundraising strategy to contribute to global conservation efforts especially in line with WWF-Belgium’s overarching strategy.
The role will lead a coordinated organizational approach, in order to build strong partnerships with public sector institutions whilst securing significant funding.
Mobilize French/Dutch/federal communities and European Union public fundings
Identify opportunities to raise WWF-Be’s profile with public sector funders, Ensure the early and timely identification and mapping of potential funding and partnership opportunities
- Analyze calls for proposals and keep an eye on the expectations and attention points of the donor (gender, environment…)
- Engage with internal stakeholders to identify where there are synergies between WWF-Be priorities, those of the network and those of the public sector
- Deliver on agreed income targets by increasing the numbers of contracts successfully secured from public sector sources
Support the work out of innovative programs
- Lead on the development of funding proposals from concept, through to negotiations of new funding bids, ensuring that all WWF-BE led proposals for public sector funding opportunities meet both strategy and relevant standards
- Advise and encourage colleagues to develop new ideas into effective relevant projects for public partners
- Advise on the development of proposals and prepare workplans
- Ensure that all relevant information (including technical and financial reports and evaluations) is delivered on time and efficiently and you bring the projects to the desired result.
- Coordinate project teams (on site and remotely) to meet high standards on project proposals.
- Develop a realistic budget for the proposal
- Explore and develop partnerships with relevant (new) stakeholders for developing joint projects
- Position WWF as a key partner for project implementation
- Build up and manage a cadre of consultants who can support the development and writing of new funding bids in line with agreed standards and protocols
- A Master degree is required
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience and more specifically in research of public funds
- Knowledge and experience of (international) project management, including budgeting and reporting;
- Knowledge of Belgian, Walloon, Dutch & European policy and development agendas;
- Excellent oral and written command of Dutch, French and English. A practical knowledge of Spanish is an advantage.
- Diplomatic and communication skills;
- Project-based thinking and working;
- Connector and team player;
- A full-time permanent contract
- An attractive salary package for the sector including meal vouchers, group insurance, health insurance, 100% reimbursement of the costs of public transport ...
- A pleasant working environment in the heart of Brussels, easily accessible by public transport
- The opportunity to contribute to the mission of WWF and to share our values that will be embedded in your work and behaviours.
Use the link below to send us your application.
Deadline for applications: 23/06/2019
The interviews of selected candidates will take place on July 1 and/or 2.
The recruiting team reserves the right to close the ad before the deadline depending on the quantity and quality of applications received.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.