As an Intern for WWF Belgium, you will join the Policy and Business Engagement team and focus on a behaviour change project to promote sustainable nutrition habits.
- Location: bd Emile Jacqmain 90, 1000 Brussels
- Period: 6 months from August/September 2020
- Type: internship or work-placement
Objectives of the internship
WWF-Belgium is part of a European “Eat4Change” project, aiming for a shift toward more sustainable diets and food production practices. The project focuses on raising awareness and engaging young citizens to embrace more sustainable consumption habits, influencing peers and supporting engagement with business and policy makers.
Assessing the best available scientific evidence, creating new insights on the effectiveness of interventions to engage youth around sustainable diets in Belgium and Europe, supporting the framing of the ‘Eat4Change – Sustainable Diets’ project for the next four years. Through research, you will identify region-specific consumption behaviour and dietary choices, detect obstacles for change (social, political, economic), and identify tools to achieve behaviour shifts. Results will directly inform the "Eat4Change" communication campaign, youth engagement and development of advocacy tools for corporate and policy sectors.
Main activities will include:
- Literature review on different themes related to sustainable production and consumption, their impact on biodiversity and deforestation, as well as solutions; expert consultation, creation of a resource library.
- Overview and assessment of tools to achieve more sustainable value chains and behaviour change (consumer tools, labels, etc.): support external consultation of WWF analyses, preparing a publication (writing text, coordinating translation and layout), and disseminating results on different platforms.
- Support to the inception of the Eat4Change project, as well as first project activities to be carried out in project year 1 (organization of consumer poll, and of consumer and producer fora; project management etc).
- Support for advocacy work on sustainable food production and consumption: Preparation of position papers, assistance in the organization of meetings / events, communication to stakeholders and the public (social media, blog) , coordination with other Belgian NGOs.
- Masters in: economics, behavioural sciences, agronomy, sustainable development, environmental sciences or related fields.
- Language skills:native level of either French or Dutch, and good command of the other language
- Good working knowledge of oral and written English
- Good analytical skills.
- Clear communication and good writing skills.
- Be able to work with the Microsoft Office package.
- Able to quickly become familiar with new topics and be proactive.
What do we offer:
- Be part of a great team and an international project with other WWF Offices
- The experience to represent and work in an international conservation organization.
- Transport refund
Interested? Send your CV before August 30th.